The D&B Tailors shop has stood for over half a century as a bastion of old-world craftsmanship and timeless style. While we are so excited about this milestone, we know it’s all because of our dear customers. Many of them have been supporting our business for years, if not decades! To say thank you, today we would like to share some more facts about us and why we love what we do.
5 Things You Should Know About D&B Tailors
- Master Designer – Gabe D’Annunzio has been working in the clothing industry since he was 15 years old. He started his own business in 1966. A year later, he partnered with Nick Battistoni and that’s how D&B Tailors came together.
- Gabe D’Annunzio loves seeing his customers look good, but the relationships with them is what he values the most. The most fond memories for the Designer has been taking care of generations of people, entire families and celebrities such as Frank Sinatra and most recently, Villanova Coach Jay Wright (read more about it here.)
- There has always been just one location for D&B Tailors on 3620 Chapel Road in Newtown Square, Pennsylvania. However, at first D&B Tailors shared their building with a pizzeria. Once Gabe started offering Dry Cleaning services, the business expanded and eventually took over the whole building.
- In over 50 years of being in business, D&B Tailors never refused a garment that needed cleaning. The Dry Cleaning Shop also never asks his clients to sign any kind of release/waiver for their clothes. The team at D&B Tailors is confident at safely and effectively removing any stains, and that is why Gabe finds such waivers unprofessional and discrediting to his business.
- Gabe D’Annunzio still works and does 90% of his fittings. His business is closed on Sundays.
Now that you know a little bit more about D&B Tailors in and outs, we would love to hear from you. What was your experience with us? Please share! Or better yet, if you just heard about us for the first time, give us a call!
Dry Cleaning: 610-353-7593