With summer just around the corner, we can’t help but thinking about all the great summer clothes we’ll get to wear in a month or so. White pants, shoes or shirts, flowy dresses and any light material that is our friend during hot days will soon become a reality. If you haven’t taken your summer clothes out yet, now is your time. Or maybe you have, but just spotted a grease stain on those white pants you love that you forgot to remove last August? No worries, D&B Tailors & Cleaners is here to help you.
There is so much advice out there on how to properly remove the grease stain, and it’s often very misleading. Sometimes the solution is more simple than you thought. In this post, we will show you how our Master Gabe D’Annunzio gets rid of those gnarly stains.
To Remove a Grease Stain, You’ll Need:
- If you’re trying to remove a stain from a white pair of pants, first put a towel inside the sleeve to keep the stain from getting on another side of pants.
- Next, take another towel and brush off as much grease as you can to stop it from spreading.
- Take a Q-tip and remove the top surface of the grease. Do that before you get the stain wet so it doesn’t spread further.
- Use Oxi Clean for pre-spotting. Next take a toothbrush and with a little bit of mechanical action work your way through the grease.
- For the final step, spray the stain with Oxi Magic and again, work with your toothbrush.
- Wash your pants and voila!
* For more dry cleaning tips, visit our YouTube channel.
At D&B Tailors, we are so confident in our ability to safely and effectively clean any garment that we have never requested any customer to sign a waiver of any kind; this policy is unique to our shop.
We invite you to come visit our shop in Newtown Square shop in PA, to learn more about the dry cleaning process and how to best care for your garments, both at home and professionally.