Holiday season may be over, but that doesn’t mean you’re done with the cleanup. If you’ve been serving a lot of red wine lately, we bet there’s a stain or two you’d like to get rid of at this point. After all, spring is just around the corner and you don’t want to sport dirty clothes around, do you?
Since there is so much advice out there when it comes to red wine stain removal in particular, in today’s post we want to show you how to do it properly with products you can find at home. Make sure to scroll all the way down to watch how our Master Designer and Dry Cleaning Expert – Gabe D’Annunzio does it himself!
For Red Wine Stain Removal, You’ll Need:
RED WINE REMOVAL TIPS
- If you’re trying to remove a stain from clothes, first put a towel underneath so it doesn’t “bleed” all over.
- Next, spray Oxi Clean directly on the red wine stain. Try saturating the stain with the product as much as you can.
- Take a toothbrush and brush it through the stain to break down the wine residue.
- Use Oxi Magic and then take a toothbrush and with a little bit of mechanical action once again work your way through the red wine stain.
- At this point, the stain should start disappearing. You can leave it like this up to an hour and then wash clothes as usual.
At D&B Tailors, we are so confident in our ability to safely and effectively clean any garment that we have never requested any customer to sign a waiver of any kind; this policy is unique to our shop.
We invite you to come visit our shop in Newtown Square shop in PA, to learn more about the dry cleaning process and how to best care for your garments, both at home and professionally.