A wedding season is here, and once again we’re here to help all of our future brides and grooms and make them feel their best. Time to talk wedding alterations!
Yes, you may have found your dream dress at the bridal boutique, but that doesn’t mean your job is done. When it comes to wedding gowns or suits, the right fit is everything.
Want to know more about wedding alterations from experts? Keep reading!
Everything You Need to Know about Wedding Alterations
- Before you even purchase your dress or suit, make sure to factor in wedding alterations in your overall budget. Depending on your needs and timeline, tailoring your garments can easily coast a hundreds of dollars.
- The best time to schedule your wedding alterations is at least 3 months before your big day. It typically takes 3 to 4 fittings for wedding gowns or suits to be altered to perfection.
- Make sure to bring the shoes and undergarments you planned to wear on your wedding day to your appointment. That way a tailor or seamstress will have a better idea of where alterations have to be made. Remember, t’s all about the proper fit and length!
- Ask your tailor whether they offer dry cleaning and preservation services as well. Often times you might be able to get a better deal for a bundle!
- Don’t forget to have fun! Bring a family member or a friend to your appointment so they can assist you with the dress fittings.
Need Wedding Alterations for your big day?
At D&B Tailors, we have over 50 years of experience in bespoke tailoring and dry cleaning services. It is safe to say there’s no job too big or small for us!
3620 Chapel Rd
Newtown Square, PA 19073